I’m an assistant professor at Leiden University, and I am subletting my apartment in Haarlem (NL) from June-August 2019 (exact dates negotiable). I’ll give a brief summary, and provide some photographs below. I will not post pictures of the interior (for privacy reasons), but they are available on request (email@example.com). Above you can see the view over Haarlem from my beautiful roofterrace.
- Global location: The apartment is 10 minutes walk from Haarlem central station, in a quiet, residential area. From the central station, the train takes less than 20 minutes to Amsterdam central station, and less than 20 minutes to Leiden central station. Utrecht, The Hague, and Rotterdam are also not far. And the Amsterdam airport is only 30 minutes by public transport. No need for a car, neither for traveling within Haarlem (bike is sufficient) nor to other cities (or countries: Belgium, Germany, France, even the UK are very quick to reach by train).
- Local location: Situated in a quiet, residential area, but close to the city center. 2 large and well-equipped supermarkets closeby, as well as a large shopping street. Because the apartment is in Haarlem, it is considerably more affordable than if it were located in Amsterdam.
- The apartment: most beautiful apartment you’ve ever lived in ;) … living room with large and well equipped kitchen; loooooads of books; quiet bedroom with 200x140cm bed & plenty of wardrobe space; extra room with guest sofa & computer table; small spare room for shoes / jackets. Most importantly: I have a roof terrace from which you can watch over half of Haarlem. You can sunbathe in the summer, or just go up there to work. Very fast internet (100+ mb). Washing machine. Dishwasher. Clean. About 65 m^2, or 700 ft^2.
- Cheap for Dutch standards (~€1300 per month everything included: garbage, water, electricity, internet, etc).
- Haarlem is a good place to live. High living standards, lots of fantastic food (including ethnic food like Indonesian), shopping opportunities, parks. And it’s only 8km away from the sea (beautiful beach, google “Sandvo
- Expensive for non-Dutch standards (~€1300 per month everything included: garbage, water, electricity, internet, etc).
- The Dutch don’t do AC, so in the summer (under the roof) the place can get warm during very hot days. But those tend to be very rare in the Netherlands.
Here some photographs of the roofterrace & beautiful Haarlem.
Haarlem in the evening:
Haarlem by day1:
Haarlem by day2:
Location: close to the sea!!